Welcome to Adventure at Österlen! (Äventyr på Österlen)
With us, you can bike on railbikes at abandoned railways between Tomelilla - Fyledalen and St:Olof - Gyllebo and in Fyledalen you can also rent mountainbikes, We've also got some advice on a few easy hikes, diretcly from the bus stop and right out in the nature. This way you can leave the car at home and just enjoy!
For schools we can arrange a pleasant outdoor day with both hiking and railbike included.
If you take the railbike from Sankt Olof, there's a nice package available where you spend the night at "Näckrosen" just nearby the lake of Gyllebo (Gyllebosjön). Look through the menus and read more... For more info you can also give us a call!
A little about Österlen...
Österlen is not very big to the area (only around 30 x 40km) but there's so much to see and explore.
Here's both open fields and deep forests with a rich flora and fauna. In the woods you often encounter the row dear, fallow deer and hare. If you're watchful, you can be lucky and even see a red dear or a wild boar family. We've got a lot of predator birds here at Österlen, especially in and around Fyledalen. Common buzzard, rough-legged buzzard, golden eagle, sea eagle to mention a few, and then of course the kite which is Tomelillas own symbol.
In the East, Österlen stops by a long coast with many great swimming possibilities and many small harbors.
If you bike the railbike on the railway from Sankt Olof to Gyllebosjö you can take a swim in Gyllebosjön; a nice little lake with clean freshwater, beautifully located in the forest just a couple of hundred meters from the railway.
Österlen is not flat like a pancake as many believe; here's both heights such as Stens huvud at Kivik and deep valleys such as Fyledalen outside Tomelilla. At the bottom of Fyledalen, Fyleån (the river), curls its way calm and easy. Many animals seek their way down to the river to drink and for the constant hunt for the daily bread...
You can bike the railbike through a part of Fyledalen, a different and environmentally friendly way to explore this wonderful piece of nature closely, without disturbing the wildlife.
To always have in mind while visiting the nature.
* Do not disturb the wildlife. If you have a dog, you must always keep it in a leash. Keep a good distance from bird nests, burrows and lairs. Instead, bring a pair of binoculars, so that you will see much more...
* Show respect to others that like yourself, are in the nature; don't make unnecessarily much noise.
* Take care of the land and vegetation, do not break twigs from trees and shrubs.
* Do not pick flowers, grass and mosses, enjoy them where they're growing instead. Partly of our tours goes through Nature reserves where it's even forbidden to pick the plants.
* Keep the nature clean; never leave trash behind! It's very easy to bring it back with you to a garbage can...
* Do not make fires at other places than arranged barbecue spots and please do not use one-time-grills in the nature.
Browse through the menues and read more!
We are also on facebook! N.B! Bookings can not be made via Facebook!